How to Turn on Roku TV without Remote: Remote control is included with every Roku player. Roku remotes, unlike most other remotes you’ve ever used, connect to their players through WiFi. That means you won’t be able to watch your shows if you misplace your remote or it stops working. Fortunately, there is a workaround that allows you to operate your Roku device from your phone. Even if you’re on a new WiFi network, here’s how to utilize your Roku device without a controller.
TCL TVs with the Roku OS is simply TCL TVs with the Roku OS. Without the use of extra devices, you may easily view streaming services such as Netflix. Roku TCL TVs offer a variety of unique features. There is no monthly price to use this, however, the many services and channels offered in the Roku Channel Store will cost money.
Pressing the Physical button on a Roku TV to turn it on is the usual method. This button will be found on the TV’s side or bottom. Without a Roku remote, this is the most common way to turn on the TV.
How to Turn on Roku TV without Remote
Download the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet to use your Roku device without a remote. Connect the app-enabled device to the same WiFi network as your Roku. Then, on the app, go to Devices and hit the remote icon.
- Install the Roku app on your device. The app is available for Android smartphones on the Google Play Store and for iPhones and other Apple devices on the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and follow the directions on the screen. If this is your first time using the Roku app, you will be required to accept the terms and conditions as well as complete a brief tutorial.
- Then select Devices from the drop-down menu. This can be found at the bottom of your screen. If you’re using the app for the first time, you’ll need to hit OK to allow it to find your Roku devices.
- After that, choose your Roku device.
- Then press and hold the Remote icon. When you tap on your device, you’ll see this plus-shaped icon.
- Finally, you can operate your TV with the app’s remote. You can continue to operate your Roku player with the app on your smartphone for as long as you wish. Make sure your smartphone and Roku device are both connected to the same WiFi network, though.
- These procedures can help anyone who has misplaced their Roku control at home. This will not work if you are staying in a hotel or if you are unable to connect to the same WiFi network that your Roku device was previously linked to.
The Roku app will only operate if it is connected to a network with the same name and password as the last WiFi network your Roku player remembered. As a result, you might create a new WiFi network with the same name and password as the old one. If you are unable to create a new network, you can create a mobile hotspot and utilize it to connect your Roku player to your smartphone’s app.
How to Use a Mobile Hotspot to Connect Your Roku Player to the App
Use a device to set up a mobile hotspot with the same name and password as the WiFi network your Roku device was last connected to connect the Roku player and the app to a new WiFi network. Then, on a different device, download the Roku software and link it to the hotspot.
Note: These methods will require two devices: one that can be used to create a hotspot and another that has the Roku software loaded. This is due to the fact that you cannot create a hotspot on your smartphone and then connect your Roku app to it with the same device. You’ll also need to know the name and password of the previous WiFi network to which your Roku device was connected.
- Create a mobile hotspot on one of your devices. A Mac or Windows computer or laptop, a smartphone, tablet, or any other device with mobile hotspot capabilities can be used. Check out our step-by-step instructions here to learn how to set up a hotspot on any device.
- Give your hotspot the same name and password as the last network you linked your Roku player too. These procedures will not function unless your Roku device has already been linked to a WiFi network. If you use your Roku device at a friend’s house the last time, you’ll need to create a hotspot with the same name and password as your friend’s WiFi network.
- Then join that hotspot with your other smartphone. This is the device on which you will install the Roku app. If you’re using an iPhone, for example, you’d go to Settings > General > Wi-Fi. Then join the hotspot you just created. You can connect to this network in the same way you would any other WiFi network.
- Then, on your other device, download and launch the Roku app. This is not the device with which you created the hotspot. This is the device you just used to connect to your newly created hotspot.
Note: If you had the Roku app open on your device previously, make sure to close and reopen it before continuing.
- Then select your Roku player under Devices. If you don’t see your device displayed, swipe down on your screen to refresh it.
- After that, press the remote icon. You should now be able to operate your Roku device using the Roku app.
Note: Remember that streaming video over a mobile hotspot might burn up a lot of data. As a result, instead of connecting to your hotspot, you should adjust the network settings on your Roku device to connect to an open WiFi network.
- Then, on your Roku device, utilize the app’s remote to go to Settings. This may be found by pressing the Home button on your remote when in the app. Then, in the left sidebar, use the up and down arrow keys to go around.
- After that, choose Network.
- Then pick Wireless from the Setup connection menu.
- On your remote, press OK. Your streaming device will look for wireless networks that are available.
- Then select a different network. If your network isn’t shown, select Scan again to see all available networks.
- Finally, tap Connect after entering the WiFi password.
Because you still have your Roku remote but it isn’t working, follow our step-by-step instructions for pairing or resetting it.
On the Roku TV, Where is the Power Button?
Roku TVs come in a variety of types, and their power buttons are situated in various locations. The buttons on such versions are usually found on the bottom or back. So seek for the power button at the bottom or rear of the device. On the back right side of the Philips Roku TV is the power button.
Pair the Roku Remote Control Once Again
If your remote control isn’t working, simply open the back cover and press the small button under the battery for three seconds. Reattach the cover and test the remote control to see whether it works. It’s also possible that the battery is low. So, try swapping out the batteries.