Spectrum Tampa + TV |Top Package Deals | Internet, FL
Nothing compares to the excitement of obtaining Spectrum cable and being able to watch so many channels. If you use the Spectrum TV app to watch TV on your phone, you know how aggravating it is to see all 200 channels, even if you aren’t a subscriber.
You may have wished that you could only watch the subscribed channels on the Spectrum package because of the clutter. You’re in luck since this guide will show you how to do it. Your Spectrum Guide is crucial in this situation. As a result, take the time to learn what it’s all about. It’s an interactive program guide that shows your whole program schedule as well as channel information.
To help you get the most out of your video subscription, Spectrum Guide includes an interactive program guide. To access the full-screen guide view with program listings and channel information, press the GUIDE button on your remote. At the top of the grid, the Guide displays the channel and program you’re presently watching. In rows and columns, upcoming programs and neighboring channels are displayed. To scroll, use the ARROW buttons on your remote. You can, for example:
Select a future program and hit OK to
- Details on the program can be found here.
- Make a note of it in your Watchlist.
- Make a recording appointment.
Select an upcoming program and press the RECORD button to
- Quickly schedule a recording.
- Make a Series recording appointment.
- Make changes to the recording options (if the program is already scheduled to record).
- Icons for Directions
- Program and channel information
Guide icons (or symbols)
- The NEW icon is used to identify first-run programs.
- A red heart appears next to the channels you’ve marked as Favorites.
- Parental Controls-blocked channels are shown with a lock icon.
- A red circle indicates programs that are scheduled for DVR recording.
- Three overlapping red circles indicate each episode of a series recording.
- A gold key indicates channels that are not included in your subscription.
Options for a Guide
When the full screen Guide is displayed, press OPTIONS or the A button on your remote to access Guide Options.
- Choose a category under Filter Channels (All Channels, Favorites, Sports, Movies, Kids & Family, News). Within that category, the Guide will list channels.
- A check mark will appear in the upper right corner of the category box if a filter is active.
- To remove a filter, simply repeat the instructions above for setting it, and your Guide will be refreshed.
- Select Jump to Date to see the program listings for the next eight days.
Additional choices are available in the Guide Settings
- Show All Channels (or only the ones you’ve SUBSCRIBED to).
- Channels should be sorted (NUMERICALLY or ALPHABETICALLY).
- Color Scheme for the Background (LIGHT or DARK).
- Options in HD and SD (SHOW HD & SD, SHOW HD ONLY).
- Adult titles should be hidden (ON, OFF). This setting hides explicit titles but does not prevent them from being viewed. Use Parental Controls to limit what channels and shows your children can watch.
- Additional options can be found in the Spectrum Guide Menu’s Settings & Support section.
The Sports Spectrum Guide allows you to keep track of all of your favorite sports’ current scores as they happen. Live events are shown by a blue LIVE indicator, allowing you to see which games are taking place in real time.
To access the Game Page for a sporting event, click on it. The Game Page displays the score as well as the game clock or inning. Choose Watch to tune in to the game’s channel, or Record to start recording it on your DVR.
A brief guide
While watching a full-screen program, the Mini Guide allows you to view program listings in a little window at the bottom of your screen. Press the OK button twice on your remote to bring up the Mini Guide.
Favorites You can mark your favorite stations so that your Program Guide only shows the channels you most frequently view. You can set your favorite channels in one of two ways:
- Highlight the network on the left border of your TV screen in the Program Guide and press OK.
- You can also press OK after selecting FAVORITE on the Detail Screen. Then, on your remote, press the BACK button to return to the Program Guide.
- Your Favorite channels will have red hearts next to them.
- You can also select many Favorites at the same time. Choose Settings & Support > Preferences > Favorites from the MENU button on your remote.
- Mark the channels you want to watch as FAVORITES by selecting them and pressing OK. Then select SAVE.
- All but your Favorite channels are blocked by the Guide Options outlined above.
Channels Can Be Hiding or Removed From Your Guide
Let’s say you upgraded or decreased your Spectrum plan, and your subscribed channels have changed. This necessitates the addition or deletion of a channel from your guide. Take the following steps:
- Using your remote, navigate to the menu.
- Make a “settings” selection.
- Select “edit channels” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “edit channel list” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the channel you want to delete and click it.
- To confirm the deletion, press Ok.
Personalizing the Guide
You may also select the location on your screen where the tutorial should show. Don’t worry, programming the Spectrum remote is much easier than the procedure.
- Press the “menu” button on your remote.
- Select “settings” and “support” from the drop-down menus.
- Select “guide setting” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “mini-guide position” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose between the top and bottom.
- Save your work by pressing the “save” button.
A Helpful Hint to Enhance Your Experience
You might find this helpful suggestion useful if you’re just showing subscription channels on Spectrum guide. Spectrum subscribers have the ability to alter the text size! Follow these steps to adjust the size:
- On your remote, press the “settings” button.
- Select “HD menu” from the drop-down menu.
- Change the “High (169)” to “Standard (43)” setting.
- Changes should be saved.
- The handbook will now be available in large print.